Sunday, September 6, 2015

Irons in the Fire: Update 9.6.15

This year has been different than last in that I keep getting this feeling like I've not gotten much accomplished. To the point that a month or so ago I had a really down moment where I started wondering if I was going to have to write this year off as a complete wash.

Of course, then I started looking at what I've actually done this year and realized I have been writing and finishing things. I just haven't been writing and finishing novels at the pace I was last year. But that's a topic for a different day.

One of the projects I've been working on is an OGN (Original Graphic Novel) script. The project is still in the early stages - the script is finished and I have an amazing artist working with me as we put together a pitch for the book - but this week I got the first batch of character sketches and (with Tony's permission) I'm sharing them here.

First, here is the brief summary of the book.

For nineteen years, Gwen has avoided a future in which she ushers in the apocalypse, and resisted the plans her father, Odin, has made for her. Her unwelcome companions, the ravens Munin and Hugin, nag her to take up Odin's spear and defend Valhalla in the coming war. Gwen's mother coaxes her toward the paths of peace and positive change.


When the soul of Arthur Pendragon wakes up in the body of seventeen year old Tristan Morgan, Gwen reluctantly agrees to help the ravens and finds the warrior-turned-teenager to be an unexpected soul-mate. Gwen can keep her semi-ordinary life and lose Tristan to the magical schemes threatening Yggdrasil and all its connecting Realms. Or she can take her father's place, save Tristan, and become the Champion of Valhalla. With the threat of Ragnarok still hanging in the balance, Gwen clings to the one truth she knows: if you want to change the world, start with yourself.

And character sketches (property/copyright Tony D'Amato 2015). 


Gwen Sinister
 Loki

 Tristan

I'm incredibly excited about this particular project. Tony is knocking it out of the park as he brings these characters into a visual medium. 

If you would like to check out some of his other work (storyboards and illustrations) you can visit Tony D'Amato Dot Net or his Tumblr page at TD'

In the meantime, I am still working on several other "words only" projects, including finding a home for the Southern Gothic novella trilogy, and finishing up an epic little Steampunk Apocalypse novel. You can also look for more reprinted or new short stories coming closer to Christmas. 

No comments: