Monday, March 7, 2011

Breaking a sweat

I recently added that "Challenges and Contests" box over there on the right hand margin. One of the "challenges" is the Write1 Sub1 challenge. Basically the idea is to write a story and submit a story either every week or every month throughout the year.

I was in a bit of headfunk during January and although I wrote a story I didn't sub it. Shame on me. Then last month I wrote a story and subbed it, but still wasn't really thinking about Write1 Sub1 in concrete terms.

Then, last Friday, I figured I might as well get my butt in gear and start really playing the game.

With that thought in mind, I will now also be adding elements to the blog to both track what I'm writing and where they are being submitted, and also a list of markets (paying and non-paying) where you can join me in the quest for publication.

My goal is to write and submit somewhere between 12 and 52 stories over the course of the year. (Most of them will be shorts but I have a few longer projects that may see the light of an editors desk as well.)

So, what are your goals? Do you have a specific number you want to write? To submit? To have published?

2 comments:

ShelleyO said...

The coffee getting cold happens to me daily, usually at least a couple of times. :)

For keeping track, try Duotrope. It's free to use and you can download the csv whenever you want. It's a huge timesaver for me.

A.G. Carpenter said...

Hah. I'm so far out of the loop on submissions I didn't realize you could track all that stuff on Duotrope.

Thanks.